WU reported those 5 updates successfully installed. I wanted to note that there was no reboot requested. Also that on the Shutdown button, there were and still are pending updates. When I previously had seen that and shut down the computer (before starting this topic), is when it went into the recovery process for bad updates; reverting, and rebooting a couple times.
Retrieve Components Hive
1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Config and locate the COMPONENTS file.
2. Please copy this file to your desktop. Note: If you receive an error that this file is in-use, simply reboot your computer and try again. Note: If you find that you need to reboot and are unable to because this is a server then try Option#2 below.
3. Right-click on this file on your desktop and select Send To...Compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a file named COMPONENTS.ZIP on your desktop.
4. The file will likely be too large to upload here so please upload to SendSpace and just provide the link here.
Option#2 (only if you are unable to follow the previous instructions)
Go ahead and install this program and accept all the defaults. After the last install screen the program should open.
Click the New Backup button. Accept the defaults and simply click Start.
When it says Finished successfully, click the Close button.
This will bring you back to the main screen of the program. You will see one entry in this list with the date that you did it. Right-click on this line-item and select Explore Backup...
This will bring you into the folder where the backup was made. You should see a Users folder and a Windows folder along with a couple other files. Double-click on the Windows folder to open it. Then open the System32 folder and then config folder. You should see around 6 files in here, one of which is named COMPONENTS.
Copy the COMPONENTS file to your Desktop. If the COMPONENTS file does not exist, please fetch it instead from C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS.
Now right-click on the COMPONENTS file that is on your desktop and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
Then please upload the zip file (COMPONENTS.zip) to your favourite file sharing website (it will be too big to upload here). Examples of services to upload to are Filedropper or One Drive or SendSpace and then just provide the link in your reply.
You can close any open windows you have as well as the RegBak program now.
Step 1: Warning: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Do not run this script on another machine.
1. Download the attachment fixlist.txt and save it to your desktop.
2. Right-click on FRST64.exe and select "Run as administrator".
3. Press the Fix button.
4. The tool will now process fixlist.txt.
5. If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
6. When finished, a log called Fixlog.txt will appear in the same directory the tool is run from.
7. Post the logfile Fixlog.txt as attachment in your next reply.
Start the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again.
On completion, attach the logfile C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log in your next reply.