• Cooling:
        Corsair H60i
      • Display:
        Dell U2715H - 2160x1440 27 inch
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

Quote Originally Posted by niemiro View Post
    Other members at Seven Forums have, and will, take up most of the slack in the Crashes and Debugging section. They are not out of helpers yet.

But what they have lost is the quality. Sure, they have a bunch of new trainees who probably still use BlueScreenView on the quiet, and may or may not get to a solution eventually through canned speeches left by the experts. But we have the quality.

We have the analysts with the thousands of posts and the years of experience. We have the experts and the tutorials on how to truly analyse a dump file using advanced techniques. We have the tools and the coders to make those tools amazing.

Never forget who we are. We are Sysnative, and we, together, have the people and the burning desire to make this the great forum it ought to be. We have a team here z3r010 could never hope to match, and I personally hope that no one here ever forgets that, no matter what is going on elsewhere. Every one of you is needed. We want every last one of you on our team, because it is combined knowledge above all else which breaks boundaries. And that combined knowledge is here at Sysnative.

I hope that you will all join us here in what is quite possibly the biggest and best BSOD team ever assembled. Here. Not elsewhere, but here, now, and with you.

There comes a point when what has happened in the past has already happened. There is still a lot of cleaning up to be done, and we should salvage as much as we can, right wrongs where possible, and not give up. But we must also look to the future. If there is one thing which z3r010 would hate, one way we can defeat him, it would be to make a success of Sysnative. Put your energies and anger, all the wrongs that have been done to you, into making a huge success of Sysnative.

writhziden and I are working together to make the best automated BSOD analysis tool ever made, and on new DebugEngine scripts and extensions the likes of which you may have never seen in automated analysis before. We will be doing everything we can, with the experiences and feedback of you most valued of analysts to make our tools better, and better, and better. The administrators here are working to make the website better in every way. Everyone is sharing their knowledge and teaching others wherever they can. The analysts are helping our OPs. It is a dream come true for me.

Help us make Sysnative the huge success it will become. Where appropriate, spread the word, show friends. Ask questions, and supply answers to others where you can. Think what we can become, what we already are. And this is all down to you, the incredible, and most valued, team we have here.

Sysnative.
    Exactly true, I couldn't agree more. Let's make Sysnative the biggest and best together.
    niemiro, LilBambi, DonnaB and 1 others say thanks for this.

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Acer (Laptop)
      • Model Number:
        Aspire E 15 (E5-571-563B)
      • Motherboard:
        EA50_HB (U3E1)
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7GHz with TB up to 2.7GHz
      • Memory:
        6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 L @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
      • Graphics:
        1792MB DVM, Intel HD Graphics 4400
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek High Definition Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        WD 1TB
      • Disk Drives:
        HL-DT-ST DVDRAM (Lite-on)
      • Power Supply:
        90w Duracell EX Supply, Delta Electronics 40w EX Supply, 6-Cell Standard Battery
      • Case:
        Aspire E15
      • Cooling:
        Stock Cooling
      • Display:
        Acer Built-in Display 15" (1366x768), AOC E2070S 20" (1600x900)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

I try to stay out of fights and forum battles, but I just don't see why this argument.
    Balalalala.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekno Venus View Post
    Exactly true, I couldn't agree more. Let's make Sysnative the biggest and best together.
    Let's just help people where we can without worrying about who is bigger or better.
    NoelDP, Capt.Jack Sparrow, Britton30 and 7 others say thanks for this.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
    May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Custom Built
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS Z170I ITX
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7 6700K
      • Memory:
        16GB DDR4
      • Hard Drives:
        500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB Seagate HDD
      • Power Supply:
        450W Corsair SFX
      • Case:
        Silverstone SG13 ITX
      • Cooling:
        Corsair H60i
      • Display:
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Let's just help people where we can without worrying about who is bigger or better.
    Ok, good point. That's what we're here for after all.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        ASUS/Lenovo
      • Model Number:
        K52F/B80
      • Motherboard:
        Asus K52F/??
      • CPU:
        i3 - 370/i7-6500U
      • Memory:
        8GB/8GB
      • Hard Drives:
        750GB/1TB
      • Operating System:
        Win 7 Home Premium (+ sundry VMs)/Win 10 & VMs

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    My sentiments - precisely!

Noel Paton - Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

• specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX
      • CPU:
        Intel 4690K @ 4.6Ghz
      • Memory:
        Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 2666Mhz
      • Graphics:
        2x Sapphire 7970s
      • Hard Drives:
        2x Corsair Force 3GT 120GB (RAID 0) + 2x Western Digital Red 3TB (RAID 1)
      • Disk Drives:
        LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner
      • Power Supply:
        CORSAIR 950HX
      • Case:
        Corsair 350D
      • Cooling:
        Corsair H100i
      • Display:
        3 x 22" Samsung 1080p Displays
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8 Pro x64

I just don't see the need for any of this madness.

We have not limited the use of our tools to sysnative. We do not turn away those who want to learn or want our tools.

We are here to help those who want knowledge to better solve problems they face anywhere on the internet.

We do not discourage activity at other forums. In fact, we encourage it! Many of our staff are also staff on other forums, why should they be treated or valued any differently? Are we not all volunteers coming together for a better good?

Everyone and anyone is welcome here, as Nimero appropriately said:

Help us make Sysnative the huge success it will become. Where appropriate, spread the word, show friends. Ask questions, and supply answers to others where you can. Think what we can become, what we already are. And this is all down to you, the incredible, and most valued, team we have here.
    Tekno Venus, jcgriff2 and LilBambi say thanks for this.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        GZ Technologies LLC
      • Model Number:
        Phenom-INAL
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS M5A97-EVO
      • CPU:
        AMD PhenomII x6 (1100T)
      • Memory:
        16GB Kingston Hyper-X blu PC3-12800
      • Graphics:
        XFX Radeon HD6770
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek ALC892
      • Hard Drives:
        500GB WD Caviar Black / 1TB WD Caviar Black / 1TB Seagate / 500GB Hitachi
      • Disk Drives:
        HP DVD 1270i SATA DVD RW
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair 850TX
      • Case:
        Antec 300
      • Cooling:
        Coolermaster V8 / 2x 12CM intake / 1x 12CM rear exhaust / 1x 14CM top exhaust
      • Display:
        Acer 23in 1920x1080 / Acer 20in
      • Operating System:
        Microsoft Windows 8 Professional x64

I cannot believe that things like this would come to pass. This situation has me aghast. I know of Seven Forums, and I have viewed threads there. I am pretty sure I am not a member there (if I am, I forgot my password), and now I will never be. I, for one, will not support a forum that engages in this type of "blanket punishment". What ever the initial reasoning or actions were, they are inconsequential, even moot, at this point. The fact remains that good people are being "punished" for no reason at all, except that they are affilliated with SysNative. This is a horrid practice in my opinion and shows petty vengefulness on the part of Seven Forum's management.

The worst part about it is the besmirching of peoples names and the destruction of their hard work. No one here, as far as I am concerned, is deserving of this treatment.

To all of you affected by this unfortunate turn of events, I am sorry and I hope the collateral damage wasn't too great... Especially those of you aspiring to MVP or otherwise.
    Laxer, Tekno Venus, zigzag3143 and 2 others say thanks for this.

"Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us from the darkness of those days there are yet some in which amid weeping there is joy and under the shadow of death light that endures."

J.R.R. Tolkien - The Silmarillion

Why should Sysnative stoop to their level, or his level. Just be the great folks you are. And then...

Truth will out as the saying goes.

Ya know?
    zigzag3143, Corrine, JMH and 4 others say thanks for this.
    Bambi
    If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology. Bruce Schneier

Quite the bummer. It's a good thing in a way, now you have more free time to work at Sysnative.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Custom
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS P7P55D
      • CPU:
        INTEL Core i5-750 Quad-Core 3.37GHz
      • Memory:
        KINGSTON 4GB (2 x 2GB) HyperX PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz CL8
      • Graphics:
        MSI N240GT-MD1G/D5 GeForce GT 240 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
      • Hard Drives:
      • Power Supply:
        ANTEC TruePower New TP-550, 80 PLUS, 550W
      • Case:
        ANTEC Three Hundred Illusion
      • Cooling:
        COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus, 3 x 120mm 1 x 140mm Case
      • Display:
        Samsung SyncMaster B2430H 24" , SyncMaster P2050 20"
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1

Quote Originally Posted by AKA View Post
    My points and observations are valid. So too is my disappointment with some member's in this thread. The phrase 'fair weather friend' springs to mind.

I've already mentioned I do not speak for the Admins at SF. I speak for myself. I'm nobodies puppet. I agree with some decisions, whilst disagreeing with others - and I've mentioned I disagreed with some of those decisions.

But I stand by what I've said. I'm also dismayed that this has all occurred. I've watched this unfold with a heavy heart that it has come to this. Some of you I actually once considered as not only true friends, but confidants.

I had good reasons to remain anonymous - but tbh, running around 'unknown' was not really my style. And as far as retributions go, whatever form they take - so be it. I'm both man and adult enough to accept it.

So to put the guessing games at rest - I am Smarteyeball / Patrick.

So yeah, there you have it.
    There you go Patrick. I appreciate you telling us. I don't care for multiple nicks, it wasn't about you voicing your opinions. A Guy

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Custom Build
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS P5G41T-M LX
      • CPU:
        Intel Pentium Dual Core E6700 3.2GHz
      • Memory:
        Strontium 8192MB DDR3 1333Mhz
      • Graphics:
        msi GeForce N560GTX-M2D1GD5 1GB
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek HD Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        Seagate Barracuda LP Green 2TB Internal HDD + WD Elements Desktop 1TB External HDD
      • Disk Drives:
        Black eMaxx ATX Mini Tower Case
      • Power Supply:
        SHAW Viper-1500w Gaming PSU
      • Display:
        CHIMEI CMV 221D 22" (1680x1050)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04

Quote Originally Posted by Euphobia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
    I've been thinking the same. SF will have to find some new BSOD analysts though, they seem to be disappearing pretty quickly.
    I'm sorry, I have tried to stay out of all of this and I have my own opinions on the matter, but the elitist nature of a lot of the BSOD team is just ridiculous. There are people who genuinely put the work and effort in, then there's the ones with a holier than thou presence and some believe that they're the ones who hold SF up and keep it running.

Sure a few people have been banned from the BSOD team, but more will come. Hell, give me a few weeks and I'll be analysing dumps just as good as the majority that was banned from there.

And for what's been said, this won't be the fall of SF at all. Few years ago back when Antman was banned had a far greater effect on SF. Members like H2SO4 left (not banned, just stopped visiting) who was, in my opinion, one of the most helpful and knowledgeable members SF has had so far.
    I guarantee that you will not be able to be 'just as good' as the members that left in a few weeks. Mike (writhziden) may not have held SF up but he certainly did hold the C&D (BSOD) forum up and kept it running. If you were a BSOD analyst before and after he left you would notice the difference. As for some of the other members that were banned, John, Richard and Vir just to name a few, they are some of the most talented BSOD analysts across the net who are held in high regard by most.

But I see what you mean. No forum will fall because of the banning of a few members. The BSOD forum however will suffer, I am sure of that.
    writhziden and Britton30 say thanks for this.

"No bird soars to high, if he soars with his own wings." - William Blake

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Custom Build
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS P5G41T-M LX
      • CPU:
        Intel Pentium Dual Core E6700 3.2GHz
      • Memory:
        Strontium 8192MB DDR3 1333Mhz
      • Graphics:
        msi GeForce N560GTX-M2D1GD5 1GB
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek HD Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        Seagate Barracuda LP Green 2TB Internal HDD + WD Elements Desktop 1TB External HDD
      • Disk Drives:
        Black eMaxx ATX Mini Tower Case
      • Power Supply:
        SHAW Viper-1500w Gaming PSU
      • Display:
        CHIMEI CMV 221D 22" (1680x1050)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04

I'd also like to say that AKA (Pat) has since apologised to me privately. We have cleared up any misconceptions he has had so hopefully you can forgive him as I did.

"No bird soars to high, if he soars with his own wings." - William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Euphobia View Post
    I've been thinking the same. SF will have to find some new BSOD analysts though, they seem to be disappearing pretty quickly.
    I'm sorry, I have tried to stay out of all of this and I have my own opinions on the matter, but the elitist nature of a lot of the BSOD team is just ridiculous. There are people who genuinely put the work and effort in, then there's the ones with a holier than thou presence and some believe that they're the ones who hold SF up and keep it running.

Sure a few people have been banned from the BSOD team, but more will come. Hell, give me a few weeks and I'll be analysing dumps just as good as the majority that was banned from there.

And for what's been said, this won't be the fall of SF at all. Few years ago back when Antman was banned had a far greater effect on SF. Members like H2SO4 left (not banned, just stopped visiting) who was, in my opinion, one of the most helpful and knowledgeable members SF has had so far.
    I guarantee that you will not be able to be 'just as good' as the members that left in a few weeks. Mike (writhziden) may not have held SF up but he certainly did hold the C&D (BSOD) forum up and kept it running. If you were a BSOD analyst before and after he left you would notice the difference. As for some of the other members that were banned, John, Richard and Vir just to name a few, they are some of the most talented BSOD analysts across the net who are held in high regard by most.

But I see what you mean. No forum will fall because of the banning of a few members. The BSOD forum however will suffer, I am sure of that.
    There is such a difference over at SF now. I haven't been doing it for that long now at all, maybe almost a week, and i still won't ever be as good as Mike and all the others were. IT will take long time. Maybe even longer for me, but can't plan on learning how to do it in just a few weeks.
    writhziden says thanks for this.

• specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX
      • CPU:
        Intel 4690K @ 4.6Ghz
      • Memory:
        Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 2666Mhz
      • Graphics:
        2x Sapphire 7970s
      • Hard Drives:
        2x Corsair Force 3GT 120GB (RAID 0) + 2x Western Digital Red 3TB (RAID 1)
      • Disk Drives:
        LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner
      • Power Supply:
        CORSAIR 950HX
      • Case:
        Corsair 350D
      • Cooling:
        Corsair H100i
      • Display:
        3 x 22" Samsung 1080p Displays
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8 Pro x64

If you would like our BSOD team's knowledge is here for the taking.

Where you apply that knowledge is of course up to you.

Not sure if I have greeted you or not yet...

In any case, welcome to sysnative!

Feel free to ask any questions or put in requests as you see fit

@Jaidyn, I don't know how much of us need to forgive him.

All he provided was his opinion on the matter, he did lead a bit of a personal attack towards you but that is exactly that, personal.

I am glad to hear that you have sorted things out, the more friendlier the community the better!
    niemiro, zigzag3143 and Ivan the SoSo say thanks for this.

Haha thanks laxer. I would like to learn from the people here. Right now when i try to make a post in the bsod forums they are already taken :P lol.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        HP
      • Model Number:
        HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j130us Notebook - E8A04UA
      • Motherboard:
        HP Insyde 720265-501 6050A2549501-MB-A02
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz.
      • Memory:
        12GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
      • Graphics:
        Intel HD graphics 4600 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory
      • Sound Card:
        Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
      • Hard Drives:
        1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
      • Disk Drives:
        Hitachi 500 GB SSD; 7 TB USB External
      • Power Supply:
        90w
      • Case:
        Laptop
      • Display:
        17.3-inch diagonal HD+ BrightView LED-backlit touchscreen display (1600 x 900)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

Never say never; never sell yourself short.

I myself am relatively new to both Windows & BSODs compared to many here.

I never went behind the Windows Desktop until late 2007 when ironically I encountered my very 1st BSOD & had no idea what it was or what to do.

After the system was returned to me "fixed" by the repair shop, the BSODs occurred more frequently. I then learned Windows (Vista) and enough about kernel debugging on my own to solve the BSOD epidemic - a wifi driver needed to be updated.

The kids went back to school after the New Year (Jan 2008); I began posting at TSF.
    - Feb 2008 - joined TSF Microsoft Support Staff as a Tech
    - Mar 2008 - Mentor
    - Jun 2008 - Moderator
    - Oct 2009 - Microsoft MVP
    - May 2010 - Manager, TSF Microsoft Support
    - Oct 2010 - Microsoft MVP renewal
    - May 2011 - Admin, TSF
    - Oct 2011 - Microsoft MVP renewal
    - July 2012 - resigned as TSF Admin & MS Manager due to Sysnative Forums

Prior to 2007, I had been in Corporate Finance, Accounting Policy (FASB), Sales & Use Taxes at E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Co., Inc.; Regional COO - Hertz RAC, etc... for the last 20 years since college (degrees in Accounting & Finance).

So, I am a relative newcomer to this World of Windows and know very little about Hardware. I hold no IT CERTS at this time. Financial/Accounting - a different story.

Point being - never sell yourself short. You never know what you can achieve unless you try.
    niemiro, Patrick, Capt.Jack Sparrow and 5 others say thanks for this.

BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista ` ` `Carrona Driver Reference Table (DRT)
    https://www.sysnative.com/
    Sysnative Hex-Decimal-UNIX Date Conversion

Has Sysnative Forums helped you?
    Please consider donating to help support the forum.
    Thank You!

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
    Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Not OEM
      • Model Number:
        24/7 rig
      • Motherboard:
        P5Q PRO
      • CPU:
        Q9550 @ 3.5ghz
      • Memory:
        4Gb G.Skill
      • Graphics:
        ATI 4850
      • Hard Drives:
        C300, Seagate 1tb Raid 0, WD 2TB
      • Power Supply:
        TX 750
      • Case:
        Lancool K60
      • Cooling:
        Stock case Fans
      • Display:
        U2410 - 1920x1200
      • Operating System:
        7x64/8x64

Quote Originally Posted by James7679 View Post

Thank you Patrick for having the testicular fortitude to give your true identity.

Your opinion is respected and understood. You should have no fear of retribution, here or anywhere else, for that matter.

As far as my previous statement, I'm sure you can understand why it was so frustrating to contend with statements from an unknown individual. I hold no ill feelings toward you, but I will not apologize for what I said.
    Thanks James.

I don't like dealing with 'ghosts' either and can fully appreciate your ire. Were the situation reversed, I'd be equally irked and just as equally unrepentant. Nor would I expect, or give a retraction. You stand by what you believe and I respect that. There are no hard feelings on my end either :)
    Britton30 says thanks for this.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        HP
      • Model Number:
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Graphics:
      • Sound Card:
      • Hard Drives:
      • Disk Drives:
      • Power Supply:
        90w
      • Case:
        Laptop
      • Display:
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by AKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James7679 View Post

Thank you Patrick for having the testicular fortitude to give your true identity.

Your opinion is respected and understood. You should have no fear of retribution, here or anywhere else, for that matter.

As far as my previous statement, I'm sure you can understand why it was so frustrating to contend with statements from an unknown individual. I hold no ill feelings toward you, but I will not apologize for what I said.
    Thanks James.

I don't like dealing with 'ghosts' either and can fully appreciate your ire. Were the situation reversed, I'd be equally irked and just as equally unrepentant. Nor would I expect, or give a retraction. You stand by what you believe and I respect that. There are no hard feelings on my end either :)

Excellent posts......

BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista ` ` `Carrona Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Thank You!

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        HP
      • Model Number:
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Graphics:
      • Sound Card:
      • Hard Drives:
      • Disk Drives:
      • Power Supply:
        90w
      • Case:
        Laptop
      • Display:
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

Just a quick recap -

Banned at SF... some listed "account closed"

If I missed anyone or you would like your name removed, please let me know.
    Last edited by jcgriff2; 10-12-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    Tekno Venus, niemiro, Laxer and 2 others say thanks for this.

Thank You!

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Custom Built
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS Z170I ITX
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7 6700K
      • Memory:
        16GB DDR4
      • Hard Drives:
        500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB Seagate HDD
      • Power Supply:
        450W Corsair SFX
      • Case:
        Silverstone SG13 ITX
      • Cooling:
        Corsair H60i
      • Display:
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by jcgriff2 View Post
    Just a quick recap -

Banned at SF... some listed "account closed"

If I missed anyone or you would like your name removed, please let me know.
    You might want to check the user name links. The don't work for me, don't know about you. Thanks for the list though, it's really long.

Stephen
    Last edited by jcgriff2; 07-24-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Fixed links

Page 7 of 13 First ... 34567891011 ... Last