Fixed my USB Drive

My 16 gig usb drive was not showing the correct storage amount. Windows and my phone thinks it's 49mb. I did a quick google, and found a link, where someone had the same problem. This program called BootIce was suggested. So I downloaded it. Then I played around with it in BootIce. Tried the suggestion on the link I orginally found the program on, and Then windows wont see it anymore, unless I go to Disk management.. So I kept playing around with it in BootIce and got it to work. I basicaly did a disk sector filling, which made it raw. Then formated it. Took it out of the usb port, put it back in. Then Vola! Windows see's it as a 16 gig drive now. I put a file on the drive, just as a test, to see if it was no longer corrupted. I had no problems. I was able to write to the drive, without any issues.

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: Fixed my USB Drive

I usually use " HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool ", If it can not fix a USB drive I throw it out.

It's also a lot simpler than the steps you did, Start the program and one click it's fixed.
    HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Download (BleepingComputer.com)

Re: Fixed my USB Drive

Looks like, all that does it format the USB Drive. The program I have, does more than that.