Page 2 of 2 First 12

Re: Why We Need a Code of Ethics for the Web

Quote Originally Posted by AceInfinity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadStarX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadStarX View Post
    I'm an ethical person, but I'm also unethical as well.

On my Job corp center here, I'm known as "The PK" to some, because I have vast collection of "media" (Safer word than warez ). But, I do link back to or give credit to the original creators.
    Just as long as you're ethical here. We don't support any form of pirating. Since you know what it is like to be ripped off, you certainly can understand why. After all, whether it is an individual's time spent on creating freeware or a vendor application or product that people have spent a great deal of money on developing, testing, marketing, distribution, and education it is stealing.
    I do my best to try something, and if I like it, I'll buy it. I mentioned this in another section of the forums. I used to pirate everything I could get my hands on, but I soon realized that wasn't the path to go down. My most recent acquisition was the Five Finger Deatch Punch album; The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell. I downloaded it, and instantly fell in love, so I bought the full album. There are very few things I won't purchase, i.e. Adobe CS6 Master Collection. Its nearly $5,000 for the full MC, bit absurd when it costs less to buy all the individual ones you'll actually use.

But when it comes to SN, EF, & SF, I'm legit! I won't share, advertise, or encourage it. My support is 100% legit, and will always be that way. If someone can't afford it, I'll suggest another option; i.e. Linux / Unix.

Anyways, that was a bit off topic I grew up being told "Honesty is the best truth, lying only makes your life harder." The things cute girls say!
    What about IDA Pro if you are an advanced software developer like myself? :) It's roughly upwards of about $10,000 or perhaps more; one program, not an entire suite at all.
    Are you refering to IDA Pro? I've never heard of it until now. Looking at the prices, to reach 10,000$ you'd need to purchase everything they offer for Linux, Mac & Windows. And programs such as that, are hard to crack. Programs such as that, I would purchase. But I'm not an elite programmer, something I wish to learn in my free time, but as I said before, I would buy it. After my evaluation time was completed.

- Thomas

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        HP
      • Model Number:
        HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j130us Notebook - E8A04UA
      • Motherboard:
        HP Insyde 720265-501 6050A2549501-MB-A02
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz.
      • Memory:
        12GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
      • Graphics:
        Intel HD graphics 4600 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory
      • Sound Card:
        Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
      • Hard Drives:
        1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
      • Disk Drives:
        Hitachi 500 GB SSD; 7 TB USB External
      • Power Supply:
        90w
      • Case:
        Laptop
      • Display:
        17.3-inch diagonal HD+ BrightView LED-backlit touchscreen display (1600 x 900)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

Adding to the "Code of Ethics for the Web" - a commandment (assuming there are any to add to now) - re: newly acquired forums:

Thou shall not ban without cause or explanation!

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/the-...html#post67464
    Patrick, Deejay100six and x BlueRobot say thanks for this.

BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista ` ` `Carrona Driver Reference Table (DRT)
    https://www.sysnative.com/
    Sysnative Hex-Decimal-UNIX Date Conversion

Has Sysnative Forums helped you?
    Please consider donating to help support the forum.
    Thank You!

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Self Build
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS Z97 Pro
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7 4790k 4.00Ghz LGA1159
      • Memory:
        16Gb G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 1866Mhz
      • Graphics:
        Nvidia GeForce GTX760 ACX 2Gb
      • Sound Card:
        Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        250Gb Samsung Evo 840 SSD, 1 TB SAMSUNG HD103SJ, 1 TB SAMSUNG HD103UJ
      • Disk Drives:
        Pioneer BDR- S09XLT
      • Power Supply:
        XFX ProSeries 750W 80+ Gold
      • Case:
        Antec 900
      • Cooling:
        Lots of fans!
      • Display:
        LG L226WTQ 22" Widescreen
      • Operating System:
        Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

I will second what Steve said about using a 'hidden' status. It's not something I would normally even have thought about before I started down the Malware Removal path, but it does become annoying (and frustrating) when users think (hope?) you can solve their problems via a PM. I prefer to not receive the PMs rather than ignore them or have to spend rime replying (even though I ended up using canned replies).

Although I don't do very much here I still enjoy browsing the forum - there's a great spirit among all you BSOD experts (and the Admins) - long may it continue.
    Corrine and Patrick say thanks for this.
    Defender of the Haggis and all things Scottish
    https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...lasLogo2-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Glaswegian View Post
    I will second what Steve said about using a 'hidden' status. It's not something I would normally even have thought about before I started down the Malware Removal path, but it does become annoying (and frustrating) when users think (hope?) you can solve their problems via a PM. I prefer to not receive the PMs rather than ignore them or have to spend rime replying (even though I ended up using canned replies).

Although I don't do very much here I still enjoy browsing the forum - there's a great spirit among all you BSOD experts (and the Admins) - long may it continue.

This is something I need to learn. I think being an entry level it tech, this would help me. I just need to learn how to read it

Page 2 of 2 First 12