Exclamation Problems with computer

I got a computer from a friend and it has obvious issues. I factory reset it thinking it would fix anything wrong with it. It freezes at startup and sometimes it will boot up all the way if im lucky. Some updates wont download and i cant turn malware or firewall on. I ran sfc /scannow so it could run tests and it gets too 98% and says Windows Resource Prevention found a error it couldnt fix. Any suggestions that would help me?

Windows Vista Home
    HP Pavilion a6214x PC
    Attached Files Attached Files

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Please Help!!!!

I got a computer from a friend and it has obvious issues. I factory reset it thinking it would fix anything wrong with it. It freezes at startup and sometimes it will boot up all the way if im lucky. Some updates wont download and i cant turn malware or firewall on. I ran sfc /scannow so it could run tests and it gets too 98% and says Windows Resource Prevention found a error it couldnt fix. Any suggestions that would help me?

Windows Vista Home
    HP Pavilion a6214x PC
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Problems with computer

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I have had a quick look over the CBS.log and there is no obvious reason as to why SFC is not completing. We will leave your thread in the Security forum for now, to let one of the Security experts look for any infections. Once this has been cleared we can take a further look at why SFC is not completing.

Can you please follow the steps in the below thread and post the required logs back here:
    Malware Removal Posting Instructions

Thanks.

Has Sysnative forums helped you? Please consider a Donation to help the forum.