System Affected eDellRoot and DSDTestProvider

I have a 5 month old Dell 5558 laptop that the Dell support web site states my system is affected by the eDellRoot and DSDTestProvider certificates . I have not verified this yet. I only found this out today when downloading driver updates from the Dell web site. Dell gives instructions for removing these certificates here http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN300321 . , but it seem to provide limited info. Is there a there a 3rd party site recommended for detection and removal of the certificates?

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Administrator
    Windows Update Instructor
    Security Analyst

Re: System Affected eDellRoot and DSDTestProvider

You can read the following which has instructions on how to detect and remove it. Dell's instructions however provide an automated way to do this in the link you show above so it may be best to use Dell's instructions.

https://grahamcluley.com/2015/11/ede...pcs-need-know/
    Evyatar says thanks for this.

Thanks. It turns out my laptop did not have either certificate on the system. I recall reading that Dell issued an update to delete both certificates or it might not have been installed in the first place. Your link had a test link for the browser, which showed the eDell certificate was not installed. I went through the Dell instructions to be sure and did not find either certificate.

Administrator
    Windows Update Instructor
    Security Analyst

Great news!