[SOLVED] The array bounds are invalid

PrestonM

Error 1734
The array bounds are invalid

I have attached the DISM Log. Can you help me with this?

Its from windows server 2016.

Attachments

• dism.zip
    56.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi and welcome to Sysnative,

Upload a copy of the CBS folder
  • Open Windows Explorer and browse to the C:\Windows\Logs folder.
  • Right-click on the CBS folder and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
  • Now the message will appear, "Windows cannot create the Compressed (zipped) Folder here. Do you want it to be placed on the desktop instead?"
  • Click on the Yes button here.
653a64385d891-618e949e09fef-CBS-Folder.png

• Attach the file CBS.zip to your next reply. If the file is too large to attach, upload the CBS.zip file to www.wetransfer.com and post the link in your next reply.

Hi,

Please provide also the previous CbsPersist logs to look at.

I think I sent the wrong file. I was remoted into server but may have zipped my local CBS.zip file rather than from the server in question. I am resending the CBS file and DSM file to insure I sent the right ones. Also I am unable to find the folder you are requesting I send. I only found a .cab file with that name. I sent that as well.

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 1
  • DISM.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • CbsPersist_20240326110033.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 1
Yes I originally sent the wrong file. Please forgive. The correct files are the last 3 attachements in Thread #5 prior to this msg.

No problem at all.

Follow these instructions to remove an update.
  • Open the Start menu of Windows and type the command CMD
  • When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
  • When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following command into it, then press enter.
Code:
wusa /uninstall /KB:4580346
  • Let me know if it says it was successful or you get the message: The update KB4580346 is not installed on this computer.

Download the
577bf0efb8088-FRST.png
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop:

Download the 64 bit version: - Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Link
  • Open the startmenu and type the command cmd.
  • After you find the Command Prompt, right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
  • Copy and paste the following into the Command Prompt and press enter.
Code:
reg load HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\COMPONENTS
Right-click on the file FRST64.exe and choose Run as administrator.
  • Copy and paste the following (code) into the Search box and click the Search Registry button.
Code:
KB4580346
  • When the scan is complete, a message will display that SearchReg.txt is saved in the same folder FRST was started from.
  • Post the logfile SearchReg.txt as attachment in your next reply.

I did not find a file names SearchReg.txt I did attach the file it created, is this what your asking for?

Attachments

• FRST_26-03-2024 07.16.20.txt
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
You have started a regular scan instead of a registry search as described in my previous post.

Yes, this is the correct file. Below the fix to remove the remnants of this update.

Start the
577bf0efb8088-FRST.png
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool again.

Warning: This script was written specifically for this system. Do not run this script on another system.
  • Download the attachment fixlist.txt and save it to your desktop.
  • Right-click on FRST.exe and select "Run as administrator".
  • Press the Fix button.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally.
  • When finished, a log called Fixlog.txt will appear in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Post the logfile Fixlog.txt as attachment in your next reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    5.6 MB · Views: 3
Great, please run the following DISM command and post the result. If it fails attach a new copy of the CBS log.
Code:
DISM /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

Back