BLOCK SOFTWARE

Any software you can advice me guys to use to block websites in our company preferably freeware. :)

Any suggestion is well accepted

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Custom Built
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS Z170I ITX
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7 6700K
      • Memory:
        16GB DDR4
      • Hard Drives:
        500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB Seagate HDD
      • Power Supply:
        450W Corsair SFX
      • Case:
        Silverstone SG13 ITX
      • Cooling:
        Corsair H60i
      • Display:
        Dell U2715H - 2160x1440 27 inch
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: BLOCK SOFTWARE

Website blocking is much better done at the router/firewall level, since it is much harder to bypass.

There's not much free stuff out there for enterprises. Most software web filtering is designed for parental control and home use since enterprises tend to use UTMs or hardware firewalls.

Pfsense (pfSense(R) - World's Most Trusted Open Source Firewall) and Untangle (Untangle: Network Policy at Work) are open source router operating systems that you can install on relatively low end hardware.

If you already have a firewall solution, chances are that will be able to help. Modern NGFWs from Cisco, Juniper, Sophos etc can all do web filtering. Even older firewalls can do basic web filtering and blocks.

Some Anti-Virus solutions will also come with a web filter, so if you have an endpoint AV solution, it's worth seeing if it offers something you can use.
    writhziden says thanks for this.

Re: BLOCK SOFTWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Tekno Venus View Post
    Website blocking is much better done at the router/firewall level, since it is much harder to bypass.

There's not much free stuff out there for enterprises. Most software web filtering is designed for parental control and home use since enterprises tend to use UTMs or hardware firewalls.

Pfsense (pfSense(R) - World's Most Trusted Open Source Firewall) and Untangle (Untangle: Network Policy at Work) are open source router operating systems that you can install on relatively low end hardware.

If you already have a firewall solution, chances are that will be able to help. Modern NGFWs from Cisco, Juniper, Sophos etc can all do web filtering. Even older firewalls can do basic web filtering and blocks.

Some Anti-Virus solutions will also come with a web filter, so if you have an endpoint AV solution, it's worth seeing if it offers something you can use.

Thank You