Important File Monitoring and Tracking

Hi! What are some easy/fast ways to monitor and track changes that were made in a file system. And what are the possibilities of reverting to its origin when the changes made are unauthorized? We just want to add extra security measures especially for our important files and programs. Thanks.

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: Important File Monitoring and Tracking

Hi!

Check Shadow defender and toolwiz time freeze (or similar programs).
    They are not free.

Quote Originally Posted by xilolee View Post
    Hi!

Check Shadow defender and toolwiz time freeze (or similar programs).
    They are not free.
    I, personally, cannot recommend Toolwiz Time Freeze to anyone. I turned it on and I forgot to turn it off when my system attempted to update via Windows Update. It causes an infinite bootloop that only a reinstallation of Windows 10 would fix. I contacted the developer of the program via email but I never got a reply from them about this issue. It's been over a year and still no reply.

Hello, I'm a Dell user and I use Change Auditor for Windows File Servers I'm just not sure if this is applicable to you.

Thanks for the responses and my apologies for not being able to follow the loop. Anyway, I have checked on Toolwiz as well and yes, the reviews seem to point out that disadvantage. And the after service assistance is really off. Imagine, no reply after a year? Oh well...

Anyway, I also have an inquiry about PowerBrokers. This seems to be very unfamiliar to me but I have read about its connection to an Active Directory Linux. Is there anyone who previously used it? What are the pros and cons of using a PowerBroker based on a first hand experience?