Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #21

    Re: BSOD - a clock interrupt was not received

    I started the first prime95 test and using realtemp all my temps went straight to 100ish. is that normal? it also said in main thread unable to detect some of the hyperthreaded logical cpus i dont know if thats normal or not

    also it says log on the first two thermal status and my temps right now are around 60. its kind of hot in my house tho since i live in the valley but i feel like it should be lower. i use a cryorig h7


    • Ad Bot

      advertising
      Beep.

        
       

  2. #22
    writhziden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,328
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Sony
      • Model Number:
        VPCF232FX/B
      • Motherboard:
        Sony Corporation VAIO
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
        8.00 GB Crucial CT2KIT51264BF1339 DDR3 1333
      • Graphics:
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek High Definition Audio/nVidia High Definition Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        TOSHIBA MK5061GSY 500 GB (465 GB actual)
      • Case:
        Laptop black matte case with backlit keyboard
      • Cooling:
        Air cooling via fan and heat exchanger heatsink
      • Display:
        Laptop display
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

    Re: BSOD - a clock interrupt was not received

    Quote Originally Posted by phazed View Post
    I started the first prime95 test and using realtemp all my temps went straight to 100ish. is that normal? it also said in main thread unable to detect some of the hyperthreaded logical cpus i dont know if thats normal or not

    also it says log on the first two thermal status and my temps right now are around 60. its kind of hot in my house tho since i live in the valley but i feel like it should be lower. i use a cryorig h7
    Temperatures should not reach 100 C quickly. They may gradually get there if you do not have adequate cooling, but they should not reach those temperatures for at least a couple minutes.

    My i7-7700k has this output for Main thread:
    Code:
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Mersenne number primality test program version 28.10
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Optimizing for CPU architecture: Unknown Intel, L2 cache size: 256 KB, L3 cache size: 8 MB
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Logical CPUs 1,2 form one physical CPU.
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Logical CPUs 3,4 form one physical CPU.
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Logical CPUs 5,6 form one physical CPU.
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Logical CPUs 7,8 form one physical CPU.
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Starting workers.
    The architecture of the 7700k is not so different from the 6700k that I would expect you to have issues with it not detecting all logical cpus.


    EDIT: The issues with prime95 may be due to how you unzipped the file? Major Prime95 bug with Hyperthreading processors?

    I use 7-zip version 16.04 to unzip my files. 7-Zip



    I also found the following at prime95 test question - [Solved] - Overclocking - Tom's Hardware

    Do NOT run any versions of Prime95 later than 26.6. Here's why:

    Core i 2nd, 3rd and 4th Generation CPU's have AVX (Advanced Vector Extension) instruction sets. Recent versions of Prime95, such as 28.5, run AVX code on the Floating Point Unit (FPU) math coprocessor, which produces extremely high temperatures. The FPU test in the stability testing utility AIDA64 shows the same results.

    Prime95 v26.6 produces temperatures on 3rd and 4th Generation processors more consistent with 2nd Generation, which also have AVX instructions, but do not suffer from thermal extremes due to having a soldered Integrated Heat Spreader and a 35% larger Die.

    Please download Prime95 version 26.6 - Windows Downloads Center: Prime95 26.6

    Run only Small FFT’s for 10 minutes.

    Use only Real Temp to measure your Core temperatures, as it was designed specifically for Intel processors: Real Temp - Download Real Temp | techPowerUp

    Your Core temperatures will test 10 to 20C lower with v26.6 than with v28.5.
    Last edited by writhziden; 08-04-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Prime95 and 6700k
    I am only a volunteer helping users on the forums. Please wait 72 hours before double posting or PMing for help. I appreciate your patience. :-}

  3. #23

    Re: BSOD - a clock interrupt was not received

    Quote Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phazed View Post
    I started the first prime95 test and using realtemp all my temps went straight to 100ish. is that normal? it also said in main thread unable to detect some of the hyperthreaded logical cpus i dont know if thats normal or not

    also it says log on the first two thermal status and my temps right now are around 60. its kind of hot in my house tho since i live in the valley but i feel like it should be lower. i use a cryorig h7
    Temperatures should not reach 100 C quickly. They may gradually get there if you do not have adequate cooling, but they should not reach those temperatures for at least a couple minutes.

    My i7-7700k has this output for Main thread:
    Code:
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Mersenne number primality test program version 28.10
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Optimizing for CPU architecture: Unknown Intel, L2 cache size: 256 KB, L3 cache size: 8 MB
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Logical CPUs 1,2 form one physical CPU.
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Logical CPUs 3,4 form one physical CPU.
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Logical CPUs 5,6 form one physical CPU.
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Logical CPUs 7,8 form one physical CPU.
    [Main thread Aug 4 05:28] Starting workers.
    The architecture of the 7700k is not so different from the 6700k that I would expect you to have issues with it not detecting all logical cpus.


    EDIT: The issues with prime95 may be due to how you unzipped the file? Major Prime95 bug with Hyperthreading processors?

    I use 7-zip version 16.04 to unzip my files. 7-Zip

    yeah i dont have a zip program, i just used windows extract thing.
    and they climbed pretty much in the first 20 seconds to high 90s to 100.

    i almost feel like my cpu cooler isnt doing its part or something. or i did the prime95 wrong?
    im about to do it again as i type this, i just downloaded 7 zip
    number of torture test threads to run is at 8, doing a small ffts test, using realtemp to watch temps. 75,72,60,60 are what its at now. i did re set my cpu and heatsink a few hours ago after my last test because i thought maybe it wasnt set right so idk if its fixed now. its also way cooler in my house and my ac is on so its kind of cold in my room. no more hypertheading notice. i did try it with 1 torture test and it did say it tho before i did this one

  4. #24
    writhziden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,328
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Sony
      • Model Number:
        VPCF232FX/B
      • Motherboard:
        Sony Corporation VAIO
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
        8.00 GB Crucial CT2KIT51264BF1339 DDR3 1333
      • Graphics:
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek High Definition Audio/nVidia High Definition Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        TOSHIBA MK5061GSY 500 GB (465 GB actual)
      • Case:
        Laptop black matte case with backlit keyboard
      • Cooling:
        Air cooling via fan and heat exchanger heatsink
      • Display:
        Laptop display
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

    Re: BSOD - a clock interrupt was not received

    Quote Originally Posted by phazed View Post
    they climbed pretty much in the first 20 seconds to high 90s to 100.

    i almost feel like my cpu cooler isnt doing its part or something. or i did the prime95 wrong?
    im about to do it again as i type this, i just downloaded 7 zip
    number of torture test threads to run is at 8, doing a small ffts test, using realtemp to watch temps. 75,72,60,60 are what its at now. i did re set my cpu and heatsink a few hours ago after my last test because i thought maybe it wasnt set right so idk if its fixed now. its also way cooler in my house and my ac is on so its kind of cold in my room. no more hypertheading notice. i did try it with 1 torture test and it did say it tho before i did this one
    From that other thread I linked, you'll see people say they experienced the hyperthreading notice and solved it by restarting the system or powering off the system for 20-30 seconds and powering back on.

    I doubt you did anything wrong with prime95. It does sound like your heat sink might not have been correctly seated with proper thermal compound. The latest version of prime95 pushes the CPU to hotter temperatures than it should, but in my tests, it still doesn't account for going to 100 C quickly. My system takes 4-5 minutes to reach those temperatures. Please note my previous post about versions of prime95 where I quoted:

    Do NOT run any versions of Prime95 later than 26.6. Here's why:

    Core i 2nd, 3rd and 4th Generation CPU's have AVX (Advanced Vector Extension) instruction sets. Recent versions of Prime95, such as 28.5, run AVX code on the Floating Point Unit (FPU) math coprocessor, which produces extremely high temperatures. The FPU test in the stability testing utility AIDA64 shows the same results.

    Prime95 v26.6 produces temperatures on 3rd and 4th Generation processors more consistent with 2nd Generation, which also have AVX instructions, but do not suffer from thermal extremes due to having a soldered Integrated Heat Spreader and a 35% larger Die.

    Please download Prime95 version 26.6 - Windows Downloads Center: Prime95 26.6

    Run only Small FFT’s for 10 minutes.

    Use only Real Temp to measure your Core temperatures, as it was designed specifically for Intel processors: Real Temp - Download Real Temp | techPowerUp

    Your Core temperatures will test 10 to 20C lower with v26.6 than with v28.5.
    I am only a volunteer helping users on the forums. Please wait 72 hours before double posting or PMing for help. I appreciate your patience. :-}

  5. #25

    Re: BSOD - a clock interrupt was not received

    Quote Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phazed View Post
    they climbed pretty much in the first 20 seconds to high 90s to 100.

    i almost feel like my cpu cooler isnt doing its part or something. or i did the prime95 wrong?
    im about to do it again as i type this, i just downloaded 7 zip
    number of torture test threads to run is at 8, doing a small ffts test, using realtemp to watch temps. 75,72,60,60 are what its at now. i did re set my cpu and heatsink a few hours ago after my last test because i thought maybe it wasnt set right so idk if its fixed now. its also way cooler in my house and my ac is on so its kind of cold in my room. no more hypertheading notice. i did try it with 1 torture test and it did say it tho before i did this one
    From that other thread I linked, you'll see people say they experienced the hyperthreading notice and solved it by restarting the system or powering off the system for 20-30 seconds and powering back on.

    I doubt you did anything wrong with prime95. It does sound like your heat sink might not have been correctly seated with proper thermal compound. The latest version of prime95 pushes the CPU to hotter temperatures than it should, but in my tests, it still doesn't account for going to 100 C quickly. My system takes 4-5 minutes to reach those temperatures. Please note my previous post about versions of prime95 where I quoted:

    Do NOT run any versions of Prime95 later than 26.6. Here's why:

    Core i 2nd, 3rd and 4th Generation CPU's have AVX (Advanced Vector Extension) instruction sets. Recent versions of Prime95, such as 28.5, run AVX code on the Floating Point Unit (FPU) math coprocessor, which produces extremely high temperatures. The FPU test in the stability testing utility AIDA64 shows the same results.

    Prime95 v26.6 produces temperatures on 3rd and 4th Generation processors more consistent with 2nd Generation, which also have AVX instructions, but do not suffer from thermal extremes due to having a soldered Integrated Heat Spreader and a 35% larger Die.

    Please download Prime95 version 26.6 - Windows Downloads Center: Prime95 26.6

    Run only Small FFT’s for 10 minutes.

    Use only Real Temp to measure your Core temperatures, as it was designed specifically for Intel processors: Real Temp - Download Real Temp | techPowerUp

    Your Core temperatures will test 10 to 20C lower with v26.6 than with v28.5.

    ill download the other prime95 and see when i wake up, the temps in my latest test were WAY better after i redid the heat sink. i said the temps in my last post of what i was getting after 5 minutes, they seemed normalish. how long should i do the 3 tests for to see if maybe this is the cause of my BSOD. i really want to get this bsod fixed

  6. #26
    writhziden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,328
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Sony
      • Model Number:
        VPCF232FX/B
      • Motherboard:
        Sony Corporation VAIO
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
        8.00 GB Crucial CT2KIT51264BF1339 DDR3 1333
      • Graphics:
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek High Definition Audio/nVidia High Definition Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        TOSHIBA MK5061GSY 500 GB (465 GB actual)
      • Case:
        Laptop black matte case with backlit keyboard
      • Cooling:
        Air cooling via fan and heat exchanger heatsink
      • Display:
        Laptop display
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    For now, just do 10 minutes each. If things are stable, try gaming and see if the blue screens have stopped. You may have been getting blue screens due to temperature issues resulting in your CPU throttling or locking up.


    ----Intel LAN Driver----
    Quote Originally Posted by phazed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
    Read More:


    Code:
    3: kd> lmvm e1d62x64
    
    start             end                 module name
    fffff880`04400000 fffff880`0447e000   e1d62x64   (export symbols)       e1d62x64.sys
        Loaded symbol image file: e1d62x64.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d62x64.sys
        Image name: e1d62x64.sys
        Timestamp:        Thu Aug 13 10:05:40 2015 (55CC5DE4)
        CheckSum:         00086CA6
        ImageSize:        0007E000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    I would consider updating your Intel NDIS network driver using the Intel Driver Update tool - Drivers & Software
    when i use intels driver updater tool it says no drivers were detected for your product
    Try the following link: http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/Intel_Network_skl.zip

    You can also update via the MSI site by choosing your system from the following link's list, choosing Service -> Driver, select your operating system as Win7 64, and choose the driver under LAN Drivers: Search result for Product: ms-7998 | MSI Global
    Last edited by writhziden; 08-04-2017 at 10:10 AM. Reason: LAN Drivers

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Similar Threads

  1. BSOD - Clock Interrupt was not received - Windows 7 x64
    By matambanadzo in forum BSOD, Crashes, Kernel Debugging
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 10:40 PM
  2. [BSOD] Clock Interrupt was not received on a secondary processor
    By AlexL in forum BSOD, Crashes, Kernel Debugging
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2014, 05:14 PM
  3. BSOD A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor
    By Gus Erlangga in forum BSOD, Crashes, Kernel Debugging
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-30-2013, 07:18 PM
  4. BSoD - a clock interrupt was not received
    By Ian_J in forum BSOD, Crashes, Kernel Debugging
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 08:05 PM
  5. BSOD Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor
    By Specials in forum BSOD, Crashes, Kernel Debugging
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 08:13 AM

Log in

Log in