Question PdcLockWatchdog Dump - How and Why?

Hi,
    I ran WinDirStat recently and notice two 3.3Gb files - also a 500Mb one. They were dump files located in /windows/livekernelreports.
    All three refer to PdcLockWatchdog - the small one in January this year and the larger two in March.
    On another forum (Woody) I posed the question and it was suggested I register with Sysnative and ask if you can tell me what problem(s) these dumps represent.
    I think I have followed the 'Blue Screen' instructions but did not, at the time notice any blue screens?

OS - Windows 10 Pro
    x64 ?
    Win 7 home
    Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? - I upgraded OEM Win 7 to Retail Win 7 pro before upgrading to Win 10.
    Age of system (hardware) - 5.5 years
    Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? NO

CPU - Core i3 2330M
    Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M (Dell)
    MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)
    Power Supply - brand & wattage (if laptop, skip this one)

System Manufacturer - Dell
    Exact model number Inspiron 15R N5110

Laptop

Can you help please?
    Attached Files Attached Files

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Sony
      • Model Number:
        VPCF232FX/B
      • Motherboard:
        Sony Corporation VAIO
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
        8.00 GB Crucial CT2KIT51264BF1339 DDR3 1333
      • Graphics:
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek High Definition Audio/nVidia High Definition Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        TOSHIBA MK5061GSY 500 GB (465 GB actual)
      • Case:
        Laptop black matte case with backlit keyboard
      • Cooling:
        Air cooling via fan and heat exchanger heatsink
      • Display:
        Laptop display
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Re: PdcLockWatchdog Dump - How and Why?

Your crashes do not look overly serious. One appears to be a result of Acronis, which happens every now and then in my experience, especially since your system had been on without restarting for 5 days (corruption may be a factor with long uptimes). The other occurred too far back to really be worth investigating.

Since these crashes are infrequent, I wouldn't worry too much about them. They are probably due to system sleep/wake cycles and the system doing something unexpected power-wise due to a driver or due to minor corruption in memory/hard disk storage. I experience similar on my own systems every few weeks if I do not restart my systems regularly (I believe some of my crashes occur due to a driver that hasn't been updated by the manufacturer in a while for a device I use). If you are really concerned, you could check your Dell support site for driver updates to your chipset and/or storage controllers.
    satrow, jcgriff2 and barcud say thanks for this.
    I am only a volunteer helping users on the forums. Please wait 72 hours before double posting or PMing for help. I appreciate your patience. :-}